Visitors are welcome? Yes. Investors are welcome? Yes. How about living on Sint Maarten? Double Yes! Nowhere in the Caribbean is it so easy for ex-patriates to blend in with the local community.
10. Great grocery stores with supplies from both the US and Europe; wide selection of gourmet items;
9. Great shopping at best prices for European designer fashion, jewelry of any kind, cosmetics
8. Attractive mountainous landscape - still plenty of open space
7. Best restaurants in the Caribbean with any imaginable kind of cuisine available for all budget;
6. Best nightlife with thirteen casinos and an active nightclub and bar scene
5. No red tape or any fees importing items: order online Monday and have it on island by Friday
4. Good air lift with hourly non-stop flights to the US and daily non-stop connections to Europe;
3. Wide variety of real estate available for buy and rent, fitting most budgets
2. For some people the most comfortable climate on Earth: Never cold in winter and cooled down by the trade winds in Summer
1. Fantastic community: Very open minded society with over eighty nationalities living together in peace ; no problem for expatriates to integrate. An example to the rest of the world.