St. Maarten /St. Martin is different! It has all the good aspects of a small Caribbean island, plus so much more. Read here why we feel that our island rules:
10. Friendly and Safe. No reason to be trapped in the resort - this island is to be enjoyed and explored. Rental car is a must to experience St. Maarten/St. Martin and its friendly people.
9. European/Caribbean Culture with American Comforts - Foreign enough to be exotic, but English is the most common language and the US-Dollar the usual currency.
8. Best Port for Yachts - Most marinas, boat yards and supply stores - all duty free prices, often cheaper than in the States. Start your cruise or charter here!
7. Great Investment Opportunities - The island is open for business with an investor friendly legislation. Real estate is booming, time to buy your dream vacation home, before prices go through the roof.
6. Most Cosmopolitan Island on Earth - Only 37 square miles, but 2 nations and over 80 nationalities. Showing the world that we all can get along...
5. Instant Island Addiction - Most visitors come back every year, many own a piece of paradise in one of St. Maarten's world class vacation ownership resorts.
4. Best Caribbean Shopping - Duty free bargains everywhere; look for jewelry, perfumes, liquors, tobacco products and much more.
3. Best Nightlife - Clubs for every taste, 12 casinos. Nonstop action for the party crowd. Drinking age 18.
2. Best Dining - Known as the Caribbean gourmet island, St. Maarten/St. Martin might be a culinary world leader with its restaurant selection.
1. Great Beaches - From an active beach scene to remote stretches of sand and clothing optional beaches, the island has it all; year around sunshine.